Daily efforts (formerly 1st draft)
I’ve still been working on WWS Chapter 4 and that contest story. Incredibly, last month I thought I was going to have Chapter 4 and 5 done and ready to go. I wish I was a fast writer. Or maybe I need to learn to write better first drafts.
Accomplishments (formerly Editing)“Wind/Water/Salt”. Posted chapter 4 to OWW.
Finished editing that contest short story, or maybe just gave up and shipped it out because there was a deadline. It’s so hard to tell.
Got back 2
Ann Boleyn (1998). I was a quarter of a 66-row pattern rep from the waist at the start of the month. I did not do 16 rows per week. That’s really unrealistic! But I did need to figure out if I’m going to run out of yarn (the time to buy it would be Knitters Frolic weekend, where I could get it in person), so I pushed through Easter weekend and did get 49 rows in this month. I also planned the next 190 rows’ shaping.
Okracoke cardigan (Shirley Paden). Started the month with about 7.5 inches of back. Did not work on this. When Ann B is done, the next fair isles in the queue will be simpler, so my plan is to fit this in during the boring bits of those.
Sheer Beauty (Knit, Swirl). Started the month with 14 bands done. I pushed through to 43, though they did get shorter.
Wrenna (French Girl Knits). Finished. I didn’t do the crochet edging because I didn’t have enough yarn, but I don’t think it’s required anyway. I’ve worn it a few times, and it did not fall apart. Though it’s unlikely something knit in one piece would actually collapse while I wore it. I’d have had to make a pretty large mistake for that to happen.
I also cut six inches off a pair of pants and sort of hemmed them into capris because I might have worn them three times in 20 years, and I sewed part of a skirt.